Make the most out of your campaigns
How do I improve my traffic’s quality
As a publisher, you have a huge influence on the quality of the traffic you direct to eBay. The business model you choose, the user experience on your site, how you drive traffic to your websites, and the landing page to which you direct your visitors, all have an impact. To maximize your earnings, you can optimize your sites to ensure they are always driving the highest quality traffic possible.
Here are some of our top tips on improving the quality of your traffic:
- Pick the right business model
- The sites which work best are those that get people interested in buying and tend to be more product-oriented; for example, sites where you can read reviews, compare prices, surface great deals or niche content sites.
- The sources of traffic to your site should be of high quality, whether paid for or organic, so if you buy traffic to your site, ensure that is well targeted.
- Create a great user experience
- Develop relevant copy and regularly update it.
- Encourage user-generated content, such as product reviews.
- Integrate eBay listings into your site, as this generally performs better than static creative or text links by themselves, unless text links are embedded into relevant content.
- Use the data you have about your visitors' demographics and interests to showcase the most relevant listings.
- Always inform a user they are going to eBay.
- Do not offer your visitors an incentive to click on an eBay link.
- Landing page optimization
- Use the geo-targeting functionality to ensure your traffic is directed to the most relevant eBay site.
- Consider which landing page on eBay you direct your traffic to carefully, as the eBay homepage is not always the best option. For example, if your content is about model cars, try linking to a model car search results page.
- Use Advanced Search options to further target your landing pages.
- Continually optimize
- Try to give each placement or site a different campaign ID so you can monitor the metrics for each.
- When testing new approaches, remember to set up a new campaign.
- Use the Custom ID parameter to segment your traffic with more granularity. You can track specific site placements or users to identify your sweet spots.
- Campaigns that bring more new users to eBay will generate greater earnings.